Ixcela’s Internal Fitness Test
Lab Phone Number: +1 781-538-6614
Purpose of the test:
Gut health impacts digestive health, the immune system, brain health, emotional balance, and energetic efficiency.
Testing the functionality of your gut microbiome provides critical insight into how your lifestyle choices and habits are affecting your internal health.
Ixcela test results include a report in five areas of health and data that is used to create personalized nutrition and lifestyle recommendations on how to achieve your goals.
Who is this test for?
- Are you facing a weight-loss plateau, or do you constantly battle cravings?
- Are you looking to improve your energy and optimize your health?
- Are you struggling with “gut stuff,” such as bloating, cramping, constipation, and other GI discomforts?
- Are you an athlete on a quest for improved recovery and performance?
- Are you seeking a natural way to manage anxiety, depression, or poor sleep?
- Are you a biohacker investigating every possible path to optimal vitality?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, let’s use the Ixcela test to take the guesswork out of where to start to optimize your health.
How does the test work?
Ixcela’s innovative technology was developed to use just a small drop of blood on a piece of special filter paper to measure a critical subset of metabolites. The process
- Using an Ixcela Internal Fitness™ Test kit, a small drop of blood from a finger stick is placed on a filter paper pad. The kit is closed and the blood is rapidly dried to stabilize critical compounds.
- On receipt, the exact amount of blood is determined using proprietary Ixcela technology.
- Key metabolites of interest are extracted from the blood on the filter paper
- The metabolites are analyzed using a liquid chromatography (LC) technique employing Electrochemical Array Detection (ECA) originally invented by Wayne Matson, which he modified for the Ixcela test for greater sensitivity (low picogram range).
- A report is generated from the analysis of the key metabolites and evaluated against what is considered to be normal, healthy ranges.
Ixcela’s approach is focused on restoring “Internal Health” using a sophisticated yet simple at-home test that identifies imbalances in key molecules associated with the gut microbiome. These compounds play an important role in many aspects of health, including Emotional Balance, Cognitive Acuity, Energetic Efficiency, and Immune Fitness.
Ixcela also provides data to help restore these molecules to their proper levels through a personalized program of dietary and lifestyle modifications as well as personalized supplements targeted at improving gut microbiome health.
Direct Lab Price:
- $299 for the one-time test (Ixcela Assess).
- $649 for before and after testing with 90 days of supplements (Ixcela Internal Fitness Program).
This lab is not covered by insurance.
Here’s a list of the most commonly asked questions and instructions regarding this lab test.
What are the collection requirements?
The Process is simple!
Step 1 – Your Clinician orders Ixcela Assess or the Ixcela Internal Fitness Program for you.
Step 2 – Ixcela ships your pinprick blood collection kit directly to your home via FedEx 2-day Express service.
Step 4 – You will return your sample using the prepaid FedEx envelope included in the kit. You can drop your kit off at any FedEx location, FedEx Drop Box, or by calling 1-800-GO-FedEx to schedule a pick up at your home or office.
Step 5 – Ixcela will analyze your blood sample within 7-14 days business and report the results to your clinician.
Step 6 – Your clinician will interpret your results and create a personalized wellness plan for you that includes nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to achieve your goals.
How do I ship the sample?
Samples may be shipped anytime. Please ship your sample using the prepaid envelope included in the kit within 24 hours of collection.
Call FedEx to schedule a pick-up. Dial 1-800-238-5355. When the automated greeting begins say “Rep”. When asked if you are shipping a package say “Yes”. A live person will then answer to help schedule your pickup. Let them know you are shipping using a Billable Stamp or take to a FedEx shipping center.
Am I responsible for the postage?
Patients in the U.S. don’t have to pay for postage. The Ixcela test kit includes a pre-paid FedEx envelope.
International customers must pay for shipping.
Can I drop off test kit at local FedEx office?
PREPARATION FOR THE TEST:
- Refrain from taking Acetaminophen (Tylenol) for 72 hours prior to collecting your sample.
- Take the test before breakfast and before consuming any caffeinated beverages.
- For easier collection, take the test right after you take a shower.
- Make sure to use the lancet while the top of your hand is pressed down against something (it prevents the flinch reflex).
- Keep to your normal routine.
- Do not drink excess alcohol the night before taking the test.
- Be sure to fill out (or update) your online health profile questionnaire in your Ixcela account.
- Please drop your sample in the mail within 24 hours of collection.
I can't get enough blood. What do I do?
Tips for increasing blood flow include:
- Vigorously rub your hands together to warm them.
- Place your hand on a hard surface (it prevents the flinch reflex) and then re-prick the pad of your finger.
- Put a rubber band around your finger to help the finger tip swell with blood.
I sealed bag but forgot to put the paperwork in kit. Can I reopen?
I got an email that says my sample is processed but my results can't post because my profile is missing. What do I do?
You need to complete your Ixcela Health History Profile. Log into your Ixcela account and click on “My Health Profile.” Complete all the fields in the form.
Once your profile is completed, your results should post within two business days.