The organic acids test (OAT) profile provides vital client information from a single urine specimen. It is valuable for determining:
NOTE: Please review all instructions and collection kit components before starting your sample collection. DO NOT discontinue taking prescription medications unless directed by your physician.
Urine: 10 mL of first-morning urine before food or drink is suggested. Patients should avoid apples, grapes (including raisins), pears, cranberries, and their juices 48 hours prior to specimen collection. Avoid arabinogalactan, echinacea, reishi mushrooms, and ribose supplements for 48 hours before collection.
1. Save the cardboard box and place the gel pack flat into the freezer (for at least 4 hours) to ship the sample
back to us.
2. Send the sample off to the lab Monday through Thursday. Extra shipping charges will apply for Saturday
deliveries (Friday shipments), and the sample may become compromised due to the lab being closed
over the weekend.
3. Please check the specimen requirements below for patient preparation instructions.
4. Only use containers supplied by GPL to avoid contamination of specimens.
5. Females, please do not collect samples during menstrual cycle.
6. Limit liquid intake starting at 6pm the night prior to collection to avoid sample dilution. Urine must be yellow in color. If urine is clear the sample is too diluted. Discard diluted sample, rinse the collection cup in hot
water only (no soap), air dry, then re-collect.
7. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (913) 341-8949 or email CustomerService@GPL4U.com
Here is a list of top 10 reasons to get an OAT test here.
Step 1 –Please write your Name and DOB on a piece of masking tape and use that to label your vial or use a permanent marker.
Step 2 – Limit liquid intake starting at 6pm the night prior to collection. This is to avoid sample dilution. Urine must be yellow in color. If the urine is clear the sample is too diluted. Discard diluted sample, rinse the collection cup with hot water (no soap), air dry, then re-collect.
Step 3 – We recommend freezing your specimen for at least 4-6 hours before shipping the test.
Step 4 – Place cap vial into ziplock specimen bag along with absorbent pad. Seal the bag. Place the specimen bag with the sample vial into the kit box.
Step 5 – Fill out the Test Requisition Form completely. Be sure to write the date of sample collection in the Patient section of the form. Payment type must be completed with payment included to process sample unless payment was submitted directly through Fortitude Functional Nutrition. Place Test Request Form into the box with the sample and ship to the laboratory. See shipping instructions below.**
**If you cannot ship the specimen on the day of collection please freeze the sample by placing the box containing the sample into the freezer.