The organic acids test (OAT) profile provides vital client information from a single urine specimen. It is valuable for determining:
NOTE: Please review all instructions and collection kit components before starting your sample collection. DO NOT discontinue taking prescription medications unless directed by your physician.
Urine: 10 mL of first-morning urine before food or drink is suggested. Patients should avoid apples, grapes (including raisins), pears, cranberries, and their juices 48 hours prior to specimen collection. Avoid arabinogalactan, echinacea, reishi mushrooms, and ribose supplements for 48 hours before collection.
1. Save the cardboard box and place the gel pack flat into the freezer (for at least 4 hours) to ship the sample
back to us.
2. Send the sample off to the lab Monday through Thursday. Extra shipping charges will apply for Saturday
deliveries (Friday shipments), and the sample may become compromised due to the lab being closed
over the weekend.
3. Please check the specimen requirements below for patient preparation instructions.
4. Only use containers supplied by GPL to avoid contamination of specimens.
5. Females, please do not collect samples during menstrual cycle.
6. Limit liquid intake starting at 6pm the night prior to collection to avoid sample dilution. Urine must be yellow in color. If urine is clear the sample is too diluted. Discard diluted sample, rinse the collection cup in hot
water only (no soap), air dry, then re-collect.
7. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (913) 341-8949 or email CustomerService@GPL4U.com
Here is a list of top 10 reasons to get an OAT test here.