Eat usual diet, avoid over-eating any single food or extreme diet
Use your normal nightly routine of brushing and flossing of teeth, but do not use mouthwash
Limit to (6) 8-ounce glasses (total of 48 ounces) of fluid over 24 hours before collection
Just prior to collection, wash hands thoroughly with soap
Fast overnight prior to urine collection and blood draw - water is okay
Have a clean container available to urinate into (a large plastic cup will work)
1. If you wake up during the night, within 6 hours of your morning urination, collect that urine into a clean container – and refrigerate it. Upon waking in the morning, collect your urine into the same container.
2. Use the pipette to transfer urine from the collection container into the blue-top amber tube and green-top urine tube until all are nearly full. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes. For eye contact, flush with water thoroughly for 15 minutes. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If ingested, contact poison control center immediately.
3. Recap the tubes tightly and shake.
4. Place a peel and stick label on all the tubes and the test requisition. Make sure your date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) is filled out.
5. Place the tubes into the biohazard bag labeled BAG ONE and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.