“For every drug that benefits a patient, there is a natural substance that can achieve the same effect.”
~ Carl Pfeiffer MD, PhD
How Are Supplements (Nutraceuticals) Selected?
These are Fortitude Functional Nutrition’s guidelines when discerning the quality of supplements:
- Is the manufacturing GMP-Certified (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Are products certified according to industry standards according to one or more of the following:
- 1. NPA (National Products Association)
- 2. NNFA (Nutritional Foods Association)
- 3. NSF (National Sanitary Foundation)
- 4. FDA Dietary Supplement GMP
- Does the company perform safety reviews and safety studies?
- Do double-blind, placebo-controlled trials on humans exist?
- Is there human efficacy data?
- Are the protein powders FDA-approved medical foods or functional foods?
- Do credentialed nutritionists or functional medicine practitioners sell the product?
- Are there procedures to monitor the quality of both raw materials and finished products?
How Are Your Supplements Different Than Those Available at a Drug Store?
There is a pretty big difference. The supplement industry is unregulated so anyone can package anything and sell it with a claim, meanwhile it may not have the stated ingredients in the package at all. Practitioners use manufacturers that provide us with lab assays that verify the potency, purity, and efficacy of the product. This is valued in our industry since practitioners are in the business of helping their patients bring their health back in to balance or assisting in the healing process, not selling supplements.
Can I Save on Supplements If I Order Through Fortitude Functional Nutrition?
Yes, you will save 15% on all supplements when you sign-up for follow-up appointments or a package. Plus, we use a professional online dispensary, which deliver the supplements directly to your door-step usually without shipping charges.